Sunday, February 12, 2012

Vpop stars commemorate Whitney Houston's death

If you have not heard, legendary singer Whitney Houston was confirmed dead by her publicist to the Associated Press on Saturday evening at 3:55. The singer, at 48, died in her hotel room in Beverly Hills, a day before the Grammy Awards will be broadcasted on television. The investigation of the cause of her death is still pending.



The sudden death of Whitney Houston has touched many fans and non-fans across the globe. Ho Ngoc Ha, Van Mai Huong, Nathan Lee, Pham Quynh Anh, Ha Anh Vu are some among many singers who posted on their Facebook page commemorating the famous Diva a day after her death.

 
 




Van Mai Huong also wrote: "Hương quá bất ngờ và tiếc nuối trước sự ra đi đột ngột của Whiney Houston. Mặc dù Hương không phải là fan ruột của Whitney nhưng rất kính trọng và nể phục giọng hát và những sản phẩm âm nhạc của cô ấy. Mặc dù Whitney đã ra đi nhưng những bài hát của cô sẽ sống mãi trong lòng công chúng".

Translation: "I am very surprised and regretful about the sudden passing of Whitney Houston. Although I am not a fan of hers, I respect her very much I admire her voice, along with her music. Even though Whitney has passed away, those songs remain in the hearts of the public."





Singer Noo Phuoc Thinh wrote: ""Whitney Houston là thần tượng của Noo từ rất lâu rồi. Khi nghe tin cô qua đời, ban đầu Noo không còn dám tin. Noo thực sự buồn và cảm thấy tiếc nuối vô cùng. Còn nhớ cách đây nhiều năm, Noo từng hát đi hát lại ca khúc "When you believe" của Whitney Houston song ca với Mariah Carey. Đó là một ca khúc hay và sẽ sống mãi trong Noo. Vai diễn của Whitney trong phim "Bodyguard" cũng là một vai ấn tượng với Noo. Cùng cầu nguyện cho Diva tài năng".

Translation: "Whitney Houston has been my idol for a very long time. When I heard the news of her passing away, I didn't want to believe it at first. I am truly sadden and extremely regretful. I recall a couple of years back, I would sing along to "When you believe" by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey again and again. That is a very good song and it will live in me forever. Whitney Houston's role in the movie, "Bodyguard" is also an impressive role to me. Let's pray for the talented Diva together."






Singer Cao Thai Son wrote: "Whitney Houston là một trong số những ca sỹ nổi bật nhất của thập niên 80,90. Sơn đã yêu mến cô ấy từ khi còn nhỏ. Thật sự, cảm xúc lúc này của Sơn thật khó diễn tả. Cứ như mình vừa mất một điều gì đó quá lớn khiến bản thân hụt hẫng. Sơn gửi lời cầu nguyện tới gia đình Whitney Houston".

Translation: "Whitney Houston is one of the most outstanding singers of the 80's and 90's. I have loved (in a respectful way) her since I was young. Honestly, what I'm feeling now is hard to express. It feels like I  just lost something so great, causing myself to have feelings of inadequacy. I wish to send my prayers to Whitney Houston's family."


Whether people are fans of Whitney Houston or not, there is no denying that she has contributed a lot to the music industry. May you rest in peace, Whitney Houston. Your memorable songs and wonderful voice shall live on in fans' hearts. Although it is very hard, I hope the Houston family will be able to cope with their lost.

Sources: Yahoo, Kenh14

No comments:

Post a Comment