Saturday, December 31, 2011

Vietnam Goes Big on 2012's Countdown

It's no surprise that Lunar New Year is the most important holiday in our (Vietnam) culture; however, I'm very happy to see that Vietnam has been going big on celebrating international holidays as well.  I wanna share with you some images of New Year's Eve from the 3 regions in our lovely country, Vietnam.

Hanoi:








These pictures remind me of the NYE countdown at Times Square in New York, USA.  I can surely feel the excitement from the pictures.  Seems like everyone had a lot of fun counting down to 2012.

Let's move on to Hue:




Hue city celebrated NYE with a touch of Vietnamese tradition.  Although it was not as big and crowded as Hanoi's NYE but I can still feel the warmness from the pictures.

Last but not least, Saigon (HCMC):








Saigon celebrated NYE will a fireworks show which attracted many people.  

I wish I was in Vietnam to participate in the NYE countdown, it looks like so much fun.  Although I would probably hate the crowdedness on the streets.  Anyways, Vietpopworld would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! May 2012 brings you lots of happiness, love, luck and success :)  We would also like to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who comes to our blog, read, and share your thoughts. <3


5 comments:

  1. Pretty lights :) I want to move to Vietnam too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, Vietpopworld. Happy new year, everyone. I hope the year of the dragon will bring us all smiles.
    If VN is this festive for solar new year, I can only imagine what they'll do for Tet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad our economy is improving! Wow! Ha Noi is sure making it a huge celebration just like New York would! Happy New Year 2012 everyone! Can't wait for TET 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for making a blog like this! I was sad when Vietchannel wordpress stopped doing their blog but now I'm happy that there's another blog about Vietnamese entertainment. Keep on doing what you're doing and know that you have readers who support your work! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is really inspiring :X
    I was at the countdown!!!! [in Saigon] It was really crowded but i had so much fun with my friends!! After the fireworks and the Happy New Year song[remix], the most popular songs all around the world[remix dance version] are turned on and everyone started to dance crazily!!!! Many people also seemed to love the big sound speaker a lot they gathered around it and danced lol XD

    ReplyDelete